ISO 20000-1 is for the information technology management system (SMS) standard. It specifies the requirement for the plan service provider,establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirments include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
There are following uses of ISO 20000-1:-
- When an organisation seeks services from service provider as well as requires assurance that their requirements will be fulfiled.
- When an organisation require from its service provider a consistent approach inclusive of supply chain.
- A service provider that can demonstrate its capacity for the design, tranition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfil service requirements.
- A service provider who monitor, measure and review its service management process.
- The effective implementation and operation of the SMS improves services of service provider who improve the design, transition and delivery.
- For the conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO 20000-1.