Indulging in liquor selling business for the purpose of livelihood can be considered as one of the most profitable business for the restaurant and hotel industry. It instantly boosts the profit margin because of the obvious reason, that is, high demand. However, obtaining liquor license in India involves a lot of legal requirements and intricacies that dealer has to go through. Further, every state has its own framework via which they keep an eye on the sale and consumption of alcohol. Every state has its own rules and regulations governing liquor.
Legal context, a liquor licence is a licence granted by the State Excise Department to people who wish to expand the scope of their company by selling alcoholic beverages or drinks at a specific location. The employees of the company must abide by the regulations set forth by the state’s governing bodies.
Types of Liquor License :
1. Identity proof of the applicant
2. Address proof of the applicant
3. Address proof the premise used
4. NOC from the Fire Department
5. NOC from Municipal Corporation
6. Application with business details
7. If an applicant is a company, list of directors
8. If an applicant is a company, MOA and AOA
9. Copy of latest Income Tax return
10. Photograph of the authorized person
11. An affidavit stating that the applicant has no criminal background
12. An affidavit stating that the authorized person is not levnater when it comes to payment of dues
The minimum age for getting a liquor license is 21 years in most of the states in India but it differs from state to state.
No, liquor license cost is not same for every state. It differs from state to state as it comes under state excise department.
You cannot apply for a liquor license in gujarat as liquor is banned in Bihar, It is also banned in Gujarat, Nagaland and union territory of lakshadweep.
The term of liquor license is 1-3 years but it depends on your state and local regulations.